Our team has been working diligently over the last year on various projects, but we are most excited to share the update from our DEI committee. Please check out our 2021 DEI committee accomplishments below.
– Sponsored LifeLabs Learning (Inclusion, Belonging, and Feedback) for the entire team.
– Implemented Boon Health to offer 100% covered well-being coaching with expert coaches of diverse backgrounds.
– Instituted part of all-hands dedicated to Lessons (from leadership to IC’s to show making mistakes is OK and part of getting better). Everyone is encouraged and has an opportunity to talk about areas where they fell short and what they learned.
– Applying expertise from Rise Journey (DEI Consultant) and we brought on Jasmine Francis (Sr. Dir of People at Thinx) as an advisor for People/DEI/HR. Together we’re improving our DEI and people practices.
– Inclusivity training for hiring and managing for our managers.
– We’ve invested in RippleMatch to source and hire more candidates from diverse backgrounds (3 hires so far!).
– Established DEI committee, members, and meetings. We’ve focused on helping the community through volunteering (working on upcoming events with GCode, JusticeThroughCode, etc in ’22), updating our job descriptions and interview processes to be more inclusive, and upcoming surveying candidates we’ve placed over the last 4 years to understand their backgrounds and why they joined our clients).
– On social media, we helped bring awareness to tech-focused organizations dedicated to helping underserved communities (for-profit and non-profit) including BlackRemoteShe, Trevor Project, DevColor, VetsWhoCode, Sisterhood of NativeAmericanCoders, CharityWater, Play Like a Girl, JusticeThroughCode, The Anti-Defamation League, and more.
We are very proud of what we were able to accomplish this year but are just as excited about what we will be able to accomplish in 2022.