This week our cofounders shared advice with our clients on how to get more candidates interested in their company in this very competitive market. We got such a great response to this, that we decided to share this with our entire network – please feel free to read their advice below:
Given the competition in the market (nearly all engineering roles increased in salary last quarter), we are looking at ways to increase engagement from qualified candidates. One such way companies gain an advantage is by using video in recruiting marketing. Through the insights of our Client Advisory Board and our own data, companies that use video for recruiting marketing are increasing conversion rates by as much as 25% at the top of the funnel / first interview.
Your company’s personality and culture shine in the video. Additionally, in one of our latest polls to placed candidates, the #1 reason candidates join their company is team/culture.
Ask: We propose creating at least 1 video (1-2 minutes) on why your company is an exciting home for prospective candidates to join (ie: problem, solution, scale, culture, impact, investors, founder’s background). Please then share it with us, so we can share it with qualified candidates to increase interest and conversion.
Some video software that we recommend include:
- Scenery (collaborative video editor)
- Example recruiting video here (Pinterest’s head of corp dev made remotely)
- Example here of a job description pitch and here of a candidate product demo
- Youtube (put a link in the JD)
- The Muse
- Example here of leadership and culture.
- How it works videos
All the best,
Natan and David
Our team can not wait to celebrate at our offsite in a couple of months. But for now, we wanted to share 9 fun facts about SingleSprout, to celebrate our 9 year anniversary.
- Over the last 9 years, we have been able to help 1000+ engineers find a new role, and grow their careers.
- We have grown to 45 employees, and we currently have 5 open roles including Director of Engineering.
- It took about 2 years to make our first 100 placements, but for the first time (Q1 ’22), we were able to make over 100 placements in less than 90 days.
- We started with hiring for just software engineering positions, but now we support a range of engineering, data, and product positions (IC-Management level) as well as legal (VP, GC, CLO) talent.
- Our logo: the triangle represents our clients, candidates, and employees and how SingleSprout brings everyone together.
- Our team has been 100% remote since 2020 and we have employees in 14 different states!
- During the last 9 years, our software engineering team has created internal products including Lilly, Daisy, Clover, and Nectar (all with a plant 🌱 theme).
- Out of 1,000+ polled candidates that we’ve placed, of those that responded, more than 75% are still working at the company we placed them at.
- Lastly, our founders David and Natan met when they were 9 years old!
We know this is going to be a special year, and we are excited to see how we can continue to support both candidates and growing companies
This month SingleSprout and AllVoices held a virtual discussion about The Modern General Counsel: How to Design Your Legal Team and Cultivate Meaningful Partnerships with Meredith May Jolivert (she/her/hers), Cecile Abramowicz, Sharon Zezima, Alaina Kwasizur (she/her/s) and Kristen Verrastro (She/Her/Hers).
To check out the recording, check out the following link. https://lnkd.in/ePaV8ZTQ
Today we want to announce we have officially launched Legal Recruiting!
We have recently expanded our team and welcomed Kristen Verrastro as our Director of Legal Recruiting. Kristen is a former “Big Law” attorney and has been working in attorney search for over 5 years. She has experience with Am Law firms, boutique law firms, and in-house clients. She is well-versed in working with companies at all stages to help them grow their Legal departments and has placed attorneys in-house at all levels, from Associate Counsel to General Counsel.
What this means for you: We have expanded our capabilities further to partner with our clients and VC’s on any attorney (or JD-preferred) positions. We are happy to now help companies with searches including: General Counsel/Chief Legal Officer, VP/Head of Legal, Associate/Assistant General Counsel, Product Counsel, Commercial Counsel, Regulatory Counsel, Chief Compliance/Privacy Officers, and more.
Kristen is excited to bring her skills and focus to SingleSprout. As always, SingleSprout’s goal is to pair unparalleled client service with deep market expertise, in order to deliver exceptional value to our clients. Please reach out to us for any of your attorney/JD-preferred hiring needs (email@example.com)!
Natan & David